Sunday, January 8, 2012

Oatmeal

Photo credit:  foodsubs.com
Why am I posting something as simple as oatmeal?  Well, I've been told that I make the best oatmeal on the planet...and not just by my family.  So I thought I'd post it so you can see just how easy it is yourself.  By the way, if you like eating pasty, gluey oatmeal, you won't like this at all.  This stuff has texture.

Give it a try and see what you think.  If it's still not your thang, give the Soaked Baked Oatmeal a try.  It tastes like dessert for breakfast.  Who ever thought oatmeal could be so good?

Oatmeal

(serves 1 adult)
  • 1 C water 
  • 1 C old-fashioned type organic oats (don't even think of using quick or instant oats... ewwwww!)
  • 1/4 t cinnamon, or more
  • Optional: raisins, cranberries, blueberries, bananas, peaches, granola, nuts, etc.
  • Choose a sweetener: sucanat, honey, maple syrup  (don't go overboard)
  • Top with raw milk or yogurt
  1. Bring water (and any dried fruit) to a boil.
  2. Add oats and cinnamon.  Cook at medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or until water has been absorbed.  Turn off heat.
  3. Cover and allow to sit for addition 2-5 minutes.
  4. Serve with whatever fruit or nuts desired. 
See, I told you it was easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment