Sunday, January 8, 2012

Peppermint Bark

I'm not a candy maker.  So if I can do this, so can a child.  I know this because mine did.

Peppermint Bark

  • 2 C white chocolate chips
  • 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3 candy canes, crushed
  • whipping cream or whole raw milk
  1. Over low heat, melt white chocolate chips.  You may need to add a couple of tablespoons of cream to get it to a smooth, spreadable consistency.
  2. Using a silpat mat or parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet, spread melted white chocolate to about 1/4" thickness.
  3. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top of the white chocolate.
  4. Over low heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips.  Again, you may need to add some cream to thin.  Drizzle over the top of the white chocolate.
  5. Refrigerate until hard, approximately 1-2 hours.
  6. Break into pieces...and enjoy!
We keep ours in the freezer for a couple of reasons:
  1. Out of sight, out of mind.  I'm afraid of this stuff...for real.
  2. When frozen, this has an extra cool sensation, which feel particularly good on my sore throat!  Ahhh...a medicinal use!  I didn't think of that.  Excuse me, I'm off to the freezer...

No comments:

Post a Comment