Thursday, January 5, 2012

Perfect Brown Rice

I really like brown rice.  As a matter of fact, I prefer it to white rice.  I just wish my husband felt the same.  Don't worry, though.  He'll come around to my way of thinking...
When trading up to brown rice, not only is there a taste and nutrition difference, there is a difference in cooking method and time.  I found a great way to cook this nutty-tasting grain that is not only easy, but gives consistent results.
(By the way, my favorite way to eat brown rice is with a little freshly grated  Parmesan on top.  Yum!)
Brown Rice
  • 3 C cold water
  • 2 C brown rice
  1. Combine water and rice in kettle.  Bring to a boil
  2. Turn down heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
  3. Shut off heat and leave covered for an additional 20 minutes.
Now, go throw out that old white stuff.

What's your favorite recipe that features brown rice? 

No comments:

Post a Comment