Friday, February 10, 2012

A Valentine on Your Child's Door

I love Valentine's Day.  It's a fun day to just remind each other how much we really love each other.

So now I'm probably shooting myself in the foot but  I really don't appreciate having my man feel obligated to spend $100 for roses that die in three days and/or buying a box of chocolate that tastes like wax.  But hey, that's just me.  What I would really prefer is a nice dinner at home with my hubby and kiddos featuring some yummy fresh fish and maybe a little dessert.

Valentine's Day is certainly not just for adults.  But what can you do for your kids, other than buying them a box of chocolate that tastes like wax that you'll regret buying just as soon as the sugar hits their blood stream?


Well, I saw this totally cute idea last year that I've just got to share with you.  (I saved the picture and wish I knew who to give credit to, so forgive me for not being able to site my source!)

  1. Make different sized hearts using colored construction paper
  2. Write on each heart a quality that your child has
  3. Randomly tape to their bedroom door so when the wake up in the morning their door is wallpapered with love OR create a circular wreath to hang.
Below is a list of character qualities to help you get the creative juices flowing:

Admirable
Attentive
Aware of Others

Beautiful
Bold
Caring

Cautious
Compassionate
Content
Creative
Decisive
Dependable

Determined
Diligent
Has a discerning spirit
Discreet
Dynamic
Energetic
Enthusiastic
Faithful
Flexible
Forgiving

Fun
Generous
Gentle
Giving

Grateful
Handsome
Honorable

Humble
Takes initiative
Joyful
Loyal
Meek
Obedient
Patient
Punctual
Resourceful
Responsible
Sensitive

Sincere
Sweet

Thorough
Thrifty

Tidy
Truthful
Virtuous
Wise


How do you like to celebrate Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment